All-New Program with Tailored Tracks for Advanced Amateur Photographers and Professional Photographers, Provides Tips and Techniques for Using the Latest Products to Create Spectacular Prints
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 24, 2008 – The Epson Print Academy® will be back on tour featuring an all-new curriculum and instruction from world-renowned photographers, master printmakers and color management experts using the latest digital workflow and printing technology, including new Epson UltraChrome® HDR ink technology, and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 2 and Adobe® Photoshop® CS4. The 15-city touring program kicks off on Nov. 8 in Atlanta, GA and continues through May 2009 with stops throughout North America.
“The goal of the Epson Print Academy is to provide both an educational and inspirational venue for photo enthusiasts and working pros alike to interact with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the field,” said Dan (Dano) Steinhardt, marketing manager, Epson Professional Imaging. “Print Academy attendees receive instruction and insight into how they can get the most out of the latest digital imaging workflow tools to dramatically advance their printmaking skills. Over the years, we’ve had tremendous levels of participation and overwhelmingly positive feedback, due in large part to the participation of experts in the field as well as the integration of the latest digital imaging products and technology from supporting companies. We’re looking forward to another successful tour.”
In each city, the Epson Print Academy offers two simultaneous tracks. Track One is ideal for advanced amateurs and photo enthusiasts interested in learning how professionals create award-winning prints from the latest generation digital SLRs, while Track Two is designed exclusively for working professionals and covers advanced techniques for increasing productivity and optimizing workflows to create the ultimate print. Both tracks will incorporate Epson’s latest printing technology and provide instruction with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Adobe Photoshop CS4.
“For a serious photographer, there’s no point in spending time editing your photos if you can’t be assured of showcasing the results with the highest possible quality,” said Kevin Connor, vice president of product management for Professional Digital Imaging at Adobe. “We are happy to be collaborating with Epson and this talented group of photographers on the development of the Epson Print Academy curriculum so that photographers get the most out of the enhanced workflows in Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4, as well as Epson’s latest technology, to produce incredible prints.”
Hosted by well-known New York City-based photographer and lecturer Jack Reznicki, Track One integrates video interviews, including a special segment on location with nature photographer John Shaw, along with live digital printing workflow tutorials, covering a range of topics, including:
- Easy-to-understand Photoshop Lightroom 2 techniques for getting the most out of Raw files
- Improving images and print quality with easy-to-use lighting techniques
- Basic color management, including creating and using custom color profiles
- Exciting new ways to create incredible black-and-white prints
- Printing with Photoshop CS4 and using new Photoshop plug-ins
- Maximizing print quality with the Epson Stylus® Photo R2880
- Sneak Peek at new Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology
Track Two features live presentations and demonstrations by renowned industry experts such as John Paul Caponigro, Greg Gorman, Mac Holbert, Andrew Rodney, and Jeff Schewe and covers a range of advanced topics, including:
- Working with expanded color spaces and smart objects in a non-destructive 16-bit printing workflow
- Advanced techniques for working with Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
- Maximizing image quality and improving productivity using Camera Raw 5 in Photoshop CS4 and the Develop Module in Lightroom 2
- Digital photography and ink jet folklore, myths and urban legends explored and explained
- Fine art print handling, mounting and framing and understanding image permanence with Michael Reichmann of The Luminous Landscape and Henry Wilhelm of Wilhelm Imaging Research
- Advanced techniques for producing black-and-white prints with greater control and quality
- In-depth expert-level fine art printing techniques for creating exhibition-quality prints
- Advanced color management and the latest cutting-edge techniques for custom color profiling
- Updating workflows to take full advantage of Epson’s new UltraChrome HDR ink technology for increased print quality and productivity
In addition, both tracks include admission to an expo area featuring a gallery of images created with new Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology featured on the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 and 9900. Setting a new standard for professional-level ink jet quality, Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology is based on Epson’s unique high-density pigment chemistry. It offers all-new orange and green inks, and combined with new screening and printing technologies in Epson’s newest printers, Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology delivers the industry’s widest color gamut and superior black density. The result is greatly enhanced photographic print quality with exceptionally fine photographic blends and transitions and highly accurate highlight-to-shadow detail.
The Print Academy Expo will also feature a product demo area where experts from Epson and partnering companies will be on-hand to answer questions and demonstrate products. Sponsors include: Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bogen Imaging, Eizo Nanao Corporation, Lexar Media, Inc., Light Impressions, Microsoft Corp., National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Nik Software, onOne Software, Profoto, Solux, Wacom Technology, and X-Rite.
Epson Print Academy Pricing and Registration
Early bird pricing for Track One is $79.95 when participants register at least three days prior to the program and pricing for Track Two is $149.95 after a special $50 professional discount. More information including the Epson Print Academy seminar schedule of locations and how to register is available at www.EpsonPrintAcademy.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
# # #
Note: Epson, Epson Stylus, Epson UltraChrome, and Epson Print Academy are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these trademarks.